Thrive’s March monthly delivery specials included freeze-dried sausage and freeze-dried green chili peppers so I knew I needed to make a recipe with a southwestern flare. Since scrambled eggs were on sale last month I figured it would be great to try out a southwest breakfast casserole to let you try them out too.
Check out what the March Thrive Life monthly specials are!
If you make this recipe come share a picture / review in my Meals in a Jar Facebook Group!
Southwest Breakfast Casserole Recipe (Meal-in-a-Jar)
All ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. A pint-sized jar will feed 2-3 people.
- 1/2 c. Thrive Scrambled Egg Mix
- 1 T. Thrive Instant Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 T. Thrive Chopped Onions
- 2 T. Thrive Green Chili Peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive Sausage
- 1/4 c. Thrive Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 c. Thrive Red Peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive Diced Tomatoes
To make jar: Add ingredients to the jar in the order listed. Add an oxygen absorber or seal with a foodsaver jar lid attachment.
To prepare: Mix contents of jar with 1 1/2 cups of water. Spray pam spray in a 9×9 pan or medium round baking dish. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cover with tinfoil. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Add these items to your monthly delivery and you should be able to make 15-16 pint-sized jars.
- 1/2 c. Thrive Scrambled Egg Mix (1 family can)
- 1 T. Thrive Instant Milk ON SALE (1 pantry can)
- 1 T. Thrive Chopped Onions (1 pantry can)
- 2 T. Thrive Green Chili Peppers ON SALE (1 pantry can)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Sausage ON SALE (1 pantry can)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Cheddar Cheese (1 pantry can)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Red Peppers (1 pantry can)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Diced Tomatoes (1 pantry can)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Jar Labels for Southwest Breakfast Scramble Recipe
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes like how to adjust for smaller sized meals and bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails. Then you won’t miss a single thing!
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder