Thrive’s September monthly specials contain a variety of foods that can be used to make meals such as beef stroganoff or chicken fajitas but also delicious smoothie mixes! Here is my Chicken Fajita recipe made into a jar meal with the shopping list that will allow you to make 10-12 of these meals!
Chicken Fajitas Meal-in-a-Jar Recipe
All ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. This recipe will fit in one quart jar and feed 3-4 people as a meal or make 6-8 people as a side dish.
- 3/4 c. Thrive Green Bell Peppers
- 1 c. Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices
- 3/4 c. Thrive Onion Slices
- 3/4 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive Green Chili Peppers
- 1/2 tsp. Thrive Chef's Choice
- 1/2 tsp. Thrive Cilantro (or dehydrated cilantro)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Thrive Limeade Powder (optional)
To make jar: Add ingredients to jar in order listed if you want to do heaping servings, or for a prettier jar, add ingredients in reverse order.
To serve: Add contents of jar to 2 cups of warm water and let sit for 8 minutes. Drain off excess water. Add 1 tbsp. of oil to skillet and heat until hot. Add chicken mixture and stir until lightly browned. Serve on flour tortillas and top with cheese, sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
Makes 10-12 quart jars
- Thrive Green Bell Peppers (1 family can)
- Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices (1 family can)
- Thrive Onion Slices (1 family can)
- Thrive Red Bell Peppers (1 family can)
- Thrive Green Chili Peppers (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Chef's Choice (1 spice can)
- Thrive Cilantro (1 spice can)
- Thrive Limeade Powder – optional (1 pantry can)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes like how to adjust for smaller sized meals and bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails. Then you won’t miss a single thing!
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder