I often get asked about making recipes for special diets, food sensitivities, etc. Thrive’s July monthly delivery specials included beans, onions, and peppers so I decided to make a yummy vegan chili recipe and add some bulk and nutrition with a surprise ingredient that is also on sale. My hubby said it’s a “keeper” and he is normally a meat-lover so you know this one is tasty.
Check out what all the July specials are!
To view the complete sale flyer click here
Butternut Squash Vegan Chili Recipe (Meal-in-a-Jar)
Don’t forget all ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. A quart-sized jar will make 2-3 servings.
- 1 tsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 T. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Beef Bouillon
- 2 tsp. Thrive Garlic
- 1 T. Thrive Tomato Powder
- 1/4 c. Thrive Onion Slices
- 1/4 c. Thrive Green Chili Peppers
- 1 c. Thrive Instant Black Beans
- 3/4 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers
- 3/4 c. Thrive Butternut Squash
- 3/4 c. Thrive Diced Tomatoes
To make jar: Add ingredients to jar in order listed. Add an oxygen absorber or seal with a foodsaver jar lid attachment.
To prepare: Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add contents of jar and stir well. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are soft. Top with avocado, green onion, vegan cheese, or vegan sour cream.
If you make this recipe come share a picture / review in my Meals in a Jar Facebook Group!
Add these items to your monthly delivery and you should be able to make 8-9 quart-sized jars.
- Thrive Garlic (1 spice can)
- Thrive Tomato Powder (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Onion Slices ON SALE (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Green Chili Peppers (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Instant Black Beans ON SALE (1 family can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Red Peppers ON SALE (1 family can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Butternut Squash ON SALE (1 family can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Diced Tomatoes ON SALE (2 pantry cans)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Jar Labels for Butternut Squash Vegan Chili Recipe
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes, notifications of sales and cooking demos plus bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails or texts. Then you won’t miss a single thing! For text notifications text the word MIJ to 717-788-3663.
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder