Thrive’s May monthly delivery specials included some veggies that lend to a yummy soup. Adding a few other items to bulk it up and make it creamy and my chicken potato soup is born.
Check out what all the May Thrive Life monthly specials are!
To view the complete sale flyer click here
Chicken Potato Soup Recipe (Meal-in-a-Jar)
Don’t forget all ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. A quart-sized jar will make 3-4 servings.
- 2 T. Thrive Veloute Sauce
- 1 tsp. Chicken Bouillon
- 3 T. Thrive Instant Milk
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp. Thrive Garlic
- 1/4 c. Thrive FD Chopped Onions
- 1/4 c. Thrive FD Spinach
- 1/3 c. Thrive Dehydrated Carrots
- 1/2 c. Thrive FD Celery
- 1 c. Thrive FD Diced Potatoes
- 1 c. Thrive FD Chicken Slices, broken into smaller chunks
To make jar: Add ingredients to jar in order listed (if you’d like to make heaping servings you can put in reverse order and shake the ingredients down into each other as you add each layer). Add an oxygen absorber or seal with a foodsaver jar lid attachment.
To prepare: Combine contents of jar with 4 cups of water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are soft.
If you make this recipe come share a picture / review in my Meals in a Jar Facebook Group!
Add these items to your monthly delivery and you should be able to make 10-11 quart-sized jars.
- Thrive Veloute Sauce (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Instant Milk
- Thrive Garlic (1 spice jar)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Spinach ON SALE (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Dehydrated Carrots (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Celery (2 pantry cans)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Diced Potatoes ON SALE (1 family can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Chicken Slices ON SALE (1 family can)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Jar Labels for Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes, notifications of sales and cooking demos plus bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails or texts. Then you won’t miss a single thing! For text notifications text the word MIJ to 717-788-3663.
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder
Leave a Reply