Thrive’s February monthly delivery specials definitely invoked a Mexican food vibe. I thought it would be delicious to use both the refried beans AND the beef in one recipe so my beef & bean burritos were born. Usually when you think of a burrito you envision putting all the ingredients in layers, but I mashed them all together to rehydrate and cook and it actually turned out amazing! You can use this mixture as a chip dip or make it into burritos or tacos. My husband thinks it is the best Thrive meal I’ve created so far!
Check out what all the February Thrive Life monthly specials are!
To view the complete sale flyer click here
Beef and Bean Burritos Recipe (Meal-in-a-Jar)
Don’t forget all ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. A quart-sized jar will make 4-6 burritos.
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions
- 1 c. Thrive Instant Refried Beans
- 1/2 c. Thrive Instant White Rice
- 1/2 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Ground Beef
- 1/2 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn
To make jar: Add ingredients to jar in order listed for a pretty jar. Add an oxygen absorber or seal with a Foodsaver jar lid attachment. Add an oxygen absorber or seal with a foodsaver jar lid attachment.
To prepare: Combine contents of jar with 3 cups of water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until beef is softened. Let stand another 10 minutes to thicken up. Serve in tortillas with favorite toppings!
If you make this recipe come share a picture / review in my Meals in a Jar Facebook Group!
Add these items to your monthly delivery and you should be able to make 11-12 quart-sized jars.
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions (ON SALE) (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Instant Refried Beans (ON SALE) (1 family can)
- 1/2 c. Instant White Rice (ON SALE) (2 pantry cans)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Cheddar Cheese (2 pantry cans)
- 3/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Ground Beef (ON SALE) (1 family can)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn (ON SALE) (2 pantry cans)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Jar Labels for Beef and Bean Burrito Recipe
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes, notifications of sales and cooking demos plus bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails or texts. Then you won’t miss a single thing! For text notifications text the word MIJ to 717-788-3663.
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder