Thrive’s December monthly delivery specials lend well to a good hearty soup recipe for a cold winter night. This one is really tasty and easy to cook up!
Chicken Tortilla Soup Meal-in-a-Jar Recipe
All ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. A quart-sized jar will make 4-5 servings.
- 2 T. Thrive Chicken Bouillon
- 2 T. Thrive Tomato Powder
- 2 T. Thrive Green Chile Peppers
- 1/3 c. Thrive Onion Slices
- 1/3 c. Thrive Sweet Corn
- 3/4 c. Thrive Instant Black Beans
- 1 c. Thrive Chicken Slices
- 3/4 c. Thrive Diced Tomatoes
To make jar: Add ingredients into the jar in the order listed for a prettier jar. Add in reverse order and shake in between if you want to do heaping servings of each item to add a little more to the recipe.
To prepare: Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Pour contents of jar into pot and stir. Let cook for 10-12 minutes or until beans are soft and soup is slightly thickened. Top with tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese if desired!
Add these items to your monthly delivery and you should be able to make 10-12 jars. Some of the items are out of stock in pantry cans so if you buy the family can you will just have some left over!
- Thrive Chicken Bouillon (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Tomato Powder (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Green Chile Peppers (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Onion Slices ON SALE (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Sweet Corn ON SALE (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Instant Black Beans (1 family can)
- Thrive Chicken Slices ON SALE (1 family can)
- Thrive Diced Tomatoes (1 family can)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes like how to adjust for smaller sized meals and bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails. Then you won’t miss a single thing!
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder