Who doesn’t love a sinfully delicious Sunday dessert? A few weeks ago we were assigned to bring the dessert for family dinner. I had eaten this dessert a few years ago and thought it would be a great one to bring. One thing I LOVE about having Thrive on hand is it makes last minute meal planning so much easier. Another thing I love however is I can bake with no waste. Read on to see what I mean by that.
Well my family doesn’t drink milk. Most of my kids have some “sensitivities” to it. They can tolerate it in desserts or cooking but drinking whole glasses of it upsets their bellies. So I don’t buy it. There is never milk in my fridge. When a recipe calls for milk I always feel so happy to have Thrive Powdered Milk on hand. I can mix up a cup of it in no time and don’t have to go buy a whole gallon of it (knowing it will go to waste). If you don’t know much about powdered milk you can learn about it on our6 Ways to Use Powdered Milk. post
So here is the recipe for the Sunday dessert I made. As you can see, powdered milk isn’t the only Thrive ingredient I was able to use in this AMAZING dessert. Enjoy!
1 Batch Thrive Brownies prepared according to directions
1 Large egg or Thrive Whole Powdered Egg (1 tbsp. powder + 2 tbsp. water= 1 whole egg)
1 8 oz Package Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 8 oz Containers Whipped Topping
1 3 oz Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
1 3 oz Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
3½ cups Milk or Thrive Powdered Milk (3 tbsp. powder + 1 c. water = 1 c. milk)
1 Hershey Candy Bar or Chocolate Syrup
1. Mix brownie mixes according to directions. Add egg. Bake in brownie pan. Cool brownies
2. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 container whipped topping. Put this mix on top of the cooled brownies.
3. Blend puddings and milk together and put on top of the cream cheese mixture.
4. Top with another layer of whipped topping. Put chocolate shavings or chocolate syrup on top.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder