Thrive’s May monthly specials feature the pulled pork which is a favorite of many of my customers. I have been wanting to do a sweet and sour recipe for a while and having pineapple also on sale clinched it for me this month. Check out the other specials for this month and the recipe below!
Sweet ‘n’ Sour Pork Meal-in-a-Jar Recipe
All ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. 1 quart-sized jar will serve 4-5.
- 1 pkg Sweet and Sour Sauce Mix
- 1 tsp Thrive Garlic
- 1/4 cup Thrive Green Onions
- 1/2 cup Thrive Onion Slices
- 3/4 cup Thrive Red Peppers
- 3/4 cup Thrive Pineapples
- 1 1/2 cup Thrive Pulled Pork
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2-3 cups Thrive Instant Rice
To make jar: Add 1st 7 ingredients to jar in order listed for a prettier jar, add ingredients in reverse order if you want to do heaping servings. Measure out 2-3 cups of your favorite rice and put in a separate baggie beside the jar.
To prepare: In a medium saucepan combine water, soy sauce and contents of jar and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fully refreshed.
Add these items to your monthly delivery and you should be able to make around 12-13 quart jars with leftovers of several items.
- Thrive Chicken Garlic (1 spice can)
- Thrive Green Onions (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Onion Slices (2 pantry cans)
- Thrive Red Pepper Slices (1 family can)
- Thrive Pineapples – ON SALE (1 family can)
- Thrive Pulled Pork – ON SALE (2 family cans)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
COUPON CODE MAY 2021
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes like how to adjust for smaller sized meals and bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails. Then you won’t miss a single thing!
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder