Thrive’s January monthly specials are full of great items that are all back in stock which makes it so nice for making good jar meals again! I’ve been wanting to make shepherd’s pie using Thrive for a while and this month gave me the perfect opportunity to do that!
Shepherd’s Pie Meal-in-a-Jar Recipe
All ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. Two pint-sized jars will make one 8×8 casserole with 4-5 servings.
Pint Jar 1
- 1/2 c. Thrive Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp. Thrive Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Thrive Beef Bouillon
- 1 T. Thrive Garlic
- 2 T. Thrive Chopped Onions
- 1/3 c. Thrive Sweet Corn
- 1 c. Thrive Small Diced Beef (ON SALE)
Pint Jar 2
- 2 c. Thrive Mashed Potatoes (ON SALE)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 T. Thrive Instant Milk (optional)
- 1 c. Thrive Cheddar Cheese (separate bag) (ON SALE)
To make jars: In jar 1, add 1st 7 ingredients to jar in order listed. In jar 2, add 1st 3 ingredients to jar. Pour cheese into a separate baggie and add to the top of the jar.
To prepare: Combine contents of first jar with 2 cups of water. Simmer until thickened. Pour into 8×8 baking dish. In a separate pot, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil, add contents of 2nd jar (except cheese). Stir well until smooth. Add potato mixture over the top of the meat mixture. Refresh cheese in a separate container and sprinkle on top of the potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Makes 8 sets of jars
Add these items to your monthly delivery and you should be able to make 8 sets of jars!
- Thrive Tomato Sauce (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Italian Seasoning (1 spice can)
- Thrive Beef Bouillon (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Garlic (1 spice can)
- Thrive Chopped Onions (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Sweet Corn (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Small Diced Beef (ON SALE) (1 family can)
- Thrive Mashed Potatoes (ON SALE) (2 family cans)
- Thrive Instant Milk (Optional: 1 pantry can)
- Thrive Cheddar Cheese (separate bag) (ON SALE) (1 family can)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes like how to adjust for smaller sized meals and bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails. Then you won’t miss a single thing!
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss