This month’s recipe calls for Seasoned Chicken Slices which are heavily discounted for delivery customers. I like having smaller chunks of chicken so I broke them apart but feel free to just use chopped chicken if you prefer.
Chicken Taco Bake Meal-in-a-Jar Recipe
All ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. This recipe will fit in one quart jar and feed 5-6 people as a casserole or make 9-10 soft tacos.
- 3/4 c. Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices
- 3/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Red Peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Green Chili Peppers
- 1 1/2 c. Thrive White Rice
- 1/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp. dehydrated Minced Garlic
- 1/4 c. Thrive Tomato Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
To make jar: Add ingredients to jar in order listed if you want to do heaping servings, or for a prettier jar, add ingredients in reverse order.
To serve: Add contents of jar and 5 1/2 cups of water to your InstantPot or other electric pressure cooker. Use the rice setting or cook on low pressure for 12 minutes. After you release the pressure let stand for 5-10 minutes to thicken. If using a saucepan cook on low for 20 minutes and let stand for 10 minutes.
Serve in a soft taco shell, as a taco salad, or by itself as a casserole. Delicious with any traditional taco toppings!
Makes 10-12 quart jars
- Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices (1 family can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Red Peppers (1 family can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Green Chili Peppers (1 pantry can)
- Thrive White Rice (2 family cans)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Tomato Powder (1 pantry can)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes like how to adjust for smaller sized meals and bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails. Then you won’t miss a single thing!
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss Schroeder