Thrive’s August monthly specials include our hamburger which is a great staple in my house. It also has a few items on the discontinued list that are a great deal so I wanted to come up with some recipes using those!
Homemade Beef Rice-a-Roni Meal-in-a-Jar Recipe
All ingredients will be cheaper and are available for free shipping for delivery customers if your order is over $100. This recipe will fit in one quart jar and feed 3-4 people as a meal or make 6-8 people as a side dish.
- 2 c. Thrive White Rice
- 1 c. Thrive Egg Noodle Pasta (broken into small bits)
- 1 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp. Thrive Chicken Bouillon
- 2 T. Thrive Freeze-Dried Parsley
- 2 T. Thrive Dehydrated Onions
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. thyme
To make jar: Add ingredients to jar in order listed if you want to do heaping servings, or for a prettier jar, add ingredients in reverse order. (Smash the egg noodles into smaller bits before placing into the jar)
To serve: Melt 1/4 c. butter in a large saucepan. Add contents of jar and stir around to let brown. Add 5 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes or until thickened.
Makes 10-12 quart jars
- Thrive White Rice (2 family cans)
- Thrive Egg Noodle Pasta (1 family can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Ground Beef (1 family can)
- Thrive Chicken Bouillon (1 pantry can)
- Thrive Freeze-Dried Parsley (2 spice cans)
- Thrive Dehydrated Onions (1 family can)
Remember feel free to customize your delivery if you already have some of these items on hand or want to substitute a different product or brand. Also make sure to adjust your delivery each month for the new recipe so you don’t get sent the same items again!
Join the Group
To get additional information on each month’s recipes like how to adjust for smaller sized meals and bonus recipes make sure you join the monthly group emails. Then you won’t miss a single thing!
Pin this post to save for later
- Jodi Weiss