Now that school has started, snacks seem to be a big problem around our house. Trying to keep fresh fruits on hand requires going to the store way too much for my liking. The assortment of cookies, crackers, chips, granola bars, etc. leave a lot to be desired in terms of health and nutrition and the price adds up really fast. Every day the kids want yummy things in their school lunches and a filling snack after school. I get tired of think about food so many times a day!
When we were at the Thrive Life convention this past summer they launched a new line of products called Snackies and as soon as I saw them I know my family’s “snacking” life would be changed forever. Today we want to give you a little run-down of the specs on snackies and show you the best way to get them into your house every month WITHOUT having to go to the grocery store!
Snackies come in a box of between 5 and 8 pouches. Each pouch contains 3-4 servings and are much easier to grab and go then eating out of a can. My big kids love them in their school lunches, my three year old loves to take them to “picnics” with her little neighbor friend, and I always keep a few in my car for those moments of desperation in between soccer practice and piano lessons to avoid a fast food run. There are four categories of products to choose from:
Thrive’s freeze-dried fruits are picked at the peak of ripeness and freeze-dried with no additives or preservatives. Look on the product labels and you will see JUST bananas or JUST strawberries as the only ingredient on almost every one (there are a few exceptions for stability purposes). All of the best-selling fruits are available in the snackie-sized packages: Bananas, Fuji Apples, Mangoes, Peaches, Pineapples, Red Grapes, and Strawberries.
If you have a hard time getting your children to eat their vegetables, you definitely need to try these. The two most snackable veggies are sweet corn and green peas which are the two that are available in the snackies line. The corn really tastes like corn but the texture sort of makes you feel like you’re eating popcorn. All of Thrive’s produce is GMO-free including the sweet corn, so you can have confidence that you are getting the best ingredients for your snacks.
To get even more vegetables packed into your diets, the fruit crisps provide a great solution. If you don’t like the sound of snacking on Beet, Carrot, or Spinach Fruit Crisps, then you will be pleasantly surprised when you taste these treats. With fruits, vegetables, and fruit puree being the only ingredients, you still get a snack that will fulfill that “sweet” craving without including the refined sugars or artificial flavors of other treats. These fruit crisps were launched at convention and were a huge hit right away.
Yogurt Bites are freeze-dried yogurt in little bite-sized chunks that melt in your mouth. They do contain quite a bit of sugar so we consider them more of a treat than a “healthy snack”. They come in pomegranate and vanilla flavors in the snackie-size pouches. The Coconut Bites are another new product and have quickly turned into one of my very favorites. They have a similar texture to the yogurt bites but are dairy free! Combine them with some pineapple chunks and you can have a bite-sized “pina colada” on hand at all times.
HOW TO ORDER
The best way to order the snackies is to simple have a few boxes set to ship to you automatically every month. You can set this up really easily using the Thrive Q program. Of course you can also make a one-time purchase but you’ll end up eating them all before you even get a chance to order your next box! Here’s how to order:
- Go to the snackies main page and click “start snacking”
- Add 5-8 varieties to your “box”. You may add more than one of a variety. After clicking “add” you can scroll up to review the items you’ve included in your box already.
- When your box is full, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “send my box”
- A pop-up screen will allow you to choose to “get started” on a monthly shipment plan or click the light gray text below to “just complete my order”. We recommend the monthly plan because once you get used to having these on hand you will want to keep them coming! If you already have a Thrive Q this will simply add the box to your next Q shipment.
- Once you click get started you will either sign in with your current Thrive Life account info or create a new account. If you don’t see the buttons for “create account” or “forget password” scroll down a little.
- You will now be brought to a screen where you set up your Monthly Q. We recommend setting a budget that helps you take the most advantage of the shipping brackets. This means your budget would be either $80, $140, or $200. You can get a few boxes of snackies and supplement with any of the other great Thrive Life items to fill up to your budget level. Might as well get more product for the same shipping price!
- Fill out your personal shipping/billing information and you will then be able to customize your Q to your liking and choose exactly what you’d like to receive each month.
- Jodi Weiss